Superbowl Sunday is just 3 Sundays away-February 4! Even if you’re someone who isn’t really into football, the food around this time is just soooo good. Even though my team (Dallas Cowboys) nor E’s team (Washington Redskins) didn’t make it to the Superbowl, we still watch it and more than anything, enjoy the food! And one of my favorites is this Flank Steak Slider Sandwich that my guests really enjoy.
I used to watch football for the commercials, but the commercials each year seem to decline each year so now I watch it just to watch the game. What are your favorite Superbowl foods? Mine are sliders, all kinds of dip, chips, and nachos. Sliders are my favorite of all of them. Even though I don’t eat red meat often, my flank steak slider sandwiches are one of E’s favorite.
The thing with about flank steak is that flash cooking is key and cut it across the grain. If you cook flank steak too long, it’s as tough as I don’t know what!
These flank steak sliders are quick and easy. Check out the recipe below!
Need more recipes for Superbowl Sunday? Check out all the Back to the South Recipes
- Flank Steak
- 1T Olive Oil
- 1T A-1 Steak Sauce
- 1 t Worchestire Sauce
- 1 t Liquid Smoke
- 1 t McCormick Steak Seasoning
- 1 t Garlic Powder
- 1 t Ground Black Pepper
- Dinner Rolls
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Rinse the flank steak.
- Add the olive oil on both sides.
- Season both sides of the steak with the A-1 Steak Sauce, Worchestire Sauce, Liquid Smoke, McCormick Steak Seasoning, Garlic Powder, and Ground Black Pepper.
- Marinate the steak for a minimum of 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- In a cast iron skillet, add enough olive oil to keep the steak from sticking to the skillet.
- Turn the eye on so that it is on medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the flank steak.Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the steak over and cook for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Take the steak out of the skillet and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the steak across the grain.
- Warm up the dinner rolls, if desired.
- Spread mayonnaise onto the rolls, if desired.
- Stuff the dinner roll with flank steak, and top with blue cheese crumbles.
What’s your favorite Superbowl Sunday recipe?