I’ve always felt table runners add just a little something to a table. If you’ve got a beautiful table, I feel that a tablecloth covers up that beauty. This is why I love table runners. I love the farmhouse table E and I built a couple of years ago so I definitely don’t want to cover it up.
The DIY I am sharing with you in this post is probably one of the easiest if not the easiest DIY I’ve ever shared with you guys. It’s how I always have a fresh table runner and get what I want!
Watch the video below to find out how I make my tables runners.
A QUICK AND EASY WAY TO MAKE A TABLE RUNNER
- Pinking shears
- Tape measure
- Measure the length of your table
- Measure the width of your table
Now that you have these 2 measurements, you can go to the fabric store to purchase your fabric. You’ve measured your table in feet and inches so you’re going to have to do the math to convert your measurements to yards.
3. Spread your fabric the length and width of the table and fold in half.
4. Fold your fabric in half again or fold it to the width you want your table runner to be.
5. Iron the sides of your fabric to make it lay flat.
6. Cut the ends with your scissors pr pinking shears to get rid of the frayed ends.
That’s it. You’re done!