I can’t believe it’s been 6 months since I moved to Raleigh I can definitely say that my life has completely changed in that short amount of time, for the better! In case this is your first time visiting Back to The South, welcome and here’s a quick rundown on what’s happened in the past 6 months.
- Started this blog
- Moved to Raleigh, NC from Washington, DC
- Became an Aunt
- Bought a house
- Started home improvements
- Gotten engaged
- Am planning an April wedding in another country
It would be an understatement, but as you can see, my life has been a tad busy! With so much going on and all of the travel, I haven’t really had a chance to get to know Raleigh as I would like and I must say with all that has been going on, I’ve felt a bit overwhelmed.
Don’t get me wrong. I am truly excited and feel blessed with all that has happened in my life these past few months, but I feel as if I’ve been on a roller coaster because everything has happened so fast!
With all I’ve been blessed with, you know my grateful jar is super full!
Here are 3 things I have gotten to enjoy since living here.
- The southern hospitality. Being from Houston where we all speak to one another, it was quite a shock when I moved to DC. Unfortunately, southern hospitality isn’t there. I am so happy to live somewhere that allows you to simply say “Hi” to someone you don’t know and not receive a scowl in return!
- The weather. If you’ve ever been to Houston you’ll know we have 2 seasons; hot and hotter. As a child, we spent more time in tank tops and shorts for Christmas and that was something I definitely missed in DC. Even though December is next week, here in North Carolina, I’ve only pulled out a simple lightweight jacket once! It’s like having the best of both worlds-Fall, the beautiful changing leaves, and no coat!
I don’t like cold weather and if I ever see even a mustard seed of snow again, it will be too much!
- The Farmers Market. Don’t get me wrong, there are Farmer’s Markets in DC, but definitely not like here in Raleigh. I love fresh fruits and veggies and being able to get them so close to home is even better; especially when I can get fresh ox tails!
There are plenty more I haven’t listed here and I know even more I don’t know that exist, but these 3 thus far are truly my faves!
Thanks so much for being with me on this journey as I find my way!
Do you live in Raleigh or are you new to Raleigh? What’s your favorite thing about living here? Where are some places you suggest I visit?
See ya later!
Enjoy This Post?
Receive an email in your inbox when a new Back to the South post is published!