When we first moved into the house, we decided the walk-in closet in the master bedroom would be mine and the bedroom next to my closet and master bedroom would be E’s. Many of my friend’s feel I may have gotten the short end of the stick, but they then realize E has a lot more clothes, shoes, and accessories than I do.
It’s funny when I tell people E has more clothes and shoes than I do because they are quite surprised; even his parents didn’t believe me until they saw it with their own eyes!
I’m fortunate my closet came with built-in shelves and hanging space so I only have to make a few adjustments! I say a few, but E says it’s a complete overhaul. In my head, I have an idea of what I want, but I’ve also created a mood board to help me decide.
It may sound crazy, but I want our master bedroom and bathroom to be a sanctuary. My closet is a part of that sanctuary.
Because of the built-ins, I have to work around them, because I don’t feel it’s cost effective to re-do the entire closet. With the look and feel I am seeking, I can do it and keep the built-ins.
Here are a few of the things I want (doesn’t mean it will happen, but it’s what I want).
- My closet has to be a sanctuary
- I want soft colors. Our master bedroom is a soft color. Last week when E came home from work and he walked into the bedroom, he said, “It feels so relaxed and comfortable in here.” I was so happy. Score!
- I want a furry bench, ottoman, chair, or chaise lounge.
- I need more shelf space!
- I have several long necklaces, but I place them in a jewelry bag in my jewelry box and each time I wear them I need at leat 10 minute to untangle them. I definitely need somewhere to hang them.
- I want to add a rug in the center of the closet.
- I want a chandelier. E gives me the side-eye on this one, but I’m hoping it can work! If not, I’ve found several chandelier-like lamps I can place on my dresser.
- I need several jewelry stands, especially for earrings!
I know, my list is long and as I work, I’m pretty sure this list will grow! As I dive in, I know some things may not be possible, but these are my goals for my closet makeover. I hope you’ll join me as I dive in and begin!
See ya later!